Job Title: Senior Compliance Specialist / Officer
Division: Legal and Compliance Division / Compliance Sector
Closing Date: 22 February 2019
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and very dynamic employee, in the position of Senior Compliance Specialist / Officer.
Direct Reports to: Head of Compliance Sector
- Assist the Sector in the mission of preserving Bank’s image and reputation concerning third parties and the customers.
- Assists the Head of Sector through the exercise of compliance controls in order to assess the AML/CFT risk.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitors, interprets and communicates law and regulatory changes that impact the customers’ relationship with the bank, or existing business activities;
- Prepares procedures manuals including work-flow charts and decision-making and implementation systems;
- Prepares, in conjunction with the Head of Sector, reports to the Responsible Authority, regarding:
– RTV (Transactions report form, for amounts in cash over LEK 1MIO or equivalent in other currencies);
– Suspicious transactions.
- Exercises controls and investigations of customers and unusual or suspicious transactions according to the Bank’s relevant policies and procedures;
- Compiles Reports on Unusual or Suspicious Transactions for the Competent Authority according to the standing provisions of the Regulatory Framework;
- Develops and follows up controls of the KYC identification procedure as well as the implementation of respective measures upon commencement of the relationship and during the relationship;
- Customer assessment and categorization based on risk (Risk Based Approach);
- Ensures the timely and valid management and response to requests received either by the Competent Authorities (GDPML, etc.);
- Provides the staff with clarification to the issues concerning the application of KYC rules and AML procedures;
- Drafts reports on unusual or suspicious transactions for the Responsible Authority in accordance with the applicable provisions of the regulatory framework;
- Provides in time all of the necessary data for the compilation of regular and extraordinary reports and data that the Sector is obliged to submit;
- Delivers/ reconciles periodic reports to the Head of Sector on Financial Security controls;
- Conduct daily monitoring and control of customer transactions, especially those of large amounts, international fund transfers, foreign exchange transactions, walk-in customer’s transactions and prematurely closed loans;
- Analyzes on daily basis, in conjunction with the Head of Sector, the alerts generated by dedicated scenarios as well as prepare statistics for the quarterly report;
- Treats on daily basis, in conjunction with the Head of Sector, the Swift Sanction Screening alerts as well as controls over the decisions taken by the Level 1 (payment and correspondent banking sector);
- Develops, coordinates and participates in compliance educational and training program regarding AML/CFT and constantly informs and trains the Bank’s personnel with regard to the Sector’s responsibilities;
- Provides weekly / monthly/quarterly reports to the Head of Sector on Financial Security controls;
- Contributes in the implementation of the FATCA project through the preparation of different reports and analysis for the assessment of the status of the customers, prepare and deliver the annual report to IRS.
- University Degree, preferably economic science or juridical science;
- Computer literacy;
- English proficiency;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Compliance; and
- Previous banking experience minimum 5 years.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills;
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Counselling skills;
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to make decisions;
- Strong collaboration with branches network as well as all control functions.
How to apply:
Strong motivated candidates looking for a dynamic job and professional team are welcomed to apply by following these steps:
- Send your CV only in this e-mail address: [email protected]
- In the e-mail subject, please specify clearly the Job Title.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be further contacted from our HR staff.
Publication date: 06/02/2019